University of Illinois Box.com
- Box allows you to share and collaborate on documents and other files online. With a University of Illinois Box account, you can invite both University of Illinois and non-University of Illinois people to collaborate with you. Box can also be used to synchronize your files across multiple devices.
- Box.com files are available on Android,iPhone,iPad,Windows and Mac you will have to install Sync client applications on these devices to view the files. You may access them through the web interface.
Connect to Box.com web interface
- Check the box for University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and click on Select this campus
- Enter your university login credentials and hit Login
Install Desktop Sync
- This will create a folder on your computer which automatically synchronizes files to your Box.com account.
- Connect to the box web interface following the steps above.
- First we need to create a desktop sync password (different than your university password)
- Click on the My Account tab at the top of the web page and select Account Settings
- Under Create External Password enter a new password different than your university password and click on Save
- Now download the desktop sync application by click on My Account >> Get Box Sync
- Click on the Box Sync download button (32 BIT)
- Save and install the program.
- Under the Box Sync program menu select Settings and enter your credentials
- Email: email@example.com
- Password: (enter the password you created in the steps above)
- Now click on Login
- Click on the View My Box Files to view the folder which will be synchronized automatically.