Scanning with the Xerox WorkCentre 5325
Scanning using these copiers is a free service provided by IGB. The scanners are located throughout the building next to the secretaries.
Retrieve Scanned Files
- Scanned documents are automatically saved to the dropbox folder located in your home folder on the file-server.
- Follow this guide if you don't know how to access the file-server File Server Access
- Walk up to the copier and push the Services Home button.
- Next push the Network Scanning icon
- Next select your netid by scrolling up and down by pushing the up and down arrows and then touching your netid.
- Finally add your paper to the paper feeder or on the scanning/copying surface and push the Start Button
The following screen will allow you to change the copier from black and what to color. This setting shouldn't need changed as it should be set to automatic by default. If however you want a color document scanned in black and white only, use this setting.
Two Sided Duplex Scanning
If you have a two sided document that you want to scan, use the following settings to change it to 2 sided.
If you have just text on the document you may want to change this setting to get better quality text.
Available File Formats
- PDF (Default)
The following setting you will notice is in a different tab of the scanner settings (Push on Filing Options to get to these settings). Once here you can have your scan saved in multiple formats